Hi friends! So I was lucky enough to be nominated for a Liebster Award, a recognition given to smaller bloggers in an effort to create networking and encourage discovering new blogs! I was nominated by the lovely Becky Jones at The Big L Photography. She then challenged each of the bloggers nominated to answer ten questions about their blog, and I was so excited to do so!
- Who is your favourite blogger? I hate that I go with a big name here, but I really love Jean of Extra Petite! My mom got me hooked on her amazing Pinterest boards, and I’ve been in love ever since! The fashion and lifestyle blog focuses on wearable outfits for girls who are, well, extra petite! At only 4′ 11″ myself, this has proved to be an invaluable resource :)
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging? I love that I get to talk about what I want, when I want. I am passionate about lots of things, and having my own blog gives me the freedom to talk about all of these things, in a way that only I can. Although my nanny posts are near and dear to my heart, I think I love my life lesson, inspirational rambles the best. They never intend to be an inspirational post, but I’m always very pleased when I can read back over my work and really feel motivated.
- How did you choose your blog niche and name? I have no niche! I think that’s pretty unique about my blog, but I also see it affecting my ability to really ‘make it big’ as a blog. I don’t care. I write my blog, and I like my blog, and if you like it, read it! My blog name is simple, my first and middle name. My tagline is just like me, and reflect the randomness of my blog- a little bit of everything.
- Who has inspired you the most in your life and why? I hate to be so cliche, but my parents are really one of the biggest reasons I feel like I can take risks and pursue my dreams. Without having their support for the last 20 years, I don’t think I would’ve ever felt comfortable enough to take a chance and put myself out there as much as I have.
- What song/album would be the soundtrack of your life? “Farrah Fawcett Hair” by Capital Cities. This is kind of a weird sounding, song I admit, but I love it. Every time I hear it I think about how wonderful the world we live in today is, and how lucky I am to be here, now. Yes, the world can be terrible and cruel, but it’s also filled with so many little good things that can go unnoticed. To quote the song: it’s #goodshit :)
- What do you hope to be doing in 5 years time? In five years I hope my postpartum business, The Newly Born Mother, is successful! I hope to incorporate practices of being a postpartum doula, certified newborn specialist, and lactation consultant to create the best postpartum experience possible for every mother! Beyond the business aspect, I hope The Newly Born Mother serves as a safe space for new mothers to meet and talk about anything and everything. I would love to be create a loving community for mothers!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I think I would really love to live in Norway. I’ve heard its absolutely beautiful, and it seems like a very chill, relaxed place to settle down. Of course I don’t think I could ever actually pick up and live out of the country. I hold my family much too dear, and it would kill me being so far away.
- If you could ask one person one question and be guaranteed a honest answer, who would you ask and what would the question be? I would ask my FutureSelf what I’m wasting my time on now. Just like I look back on my high school self and sigh at all the time I spent worrying what others thought of me, I’m sure 30 year-old me will do the same. It’d be nice to figure out now what to really focus my energy on, and what may not pan out after all.
- If you could have any celebrity be a subscriber and regular reader of your blog, who would it be and why? Shamelessly answering with my celebrity crush, Darren Criss. Yeah, he may not be into the crafts, or recipes, or nanny stuff, but I’d like to think my other ramble posts have some good substance that he might enjoy. He seems like a go-getter and someone who would like to share a good motivational post every now and again. (Also, what if he reads my writing, and loves it so much he has to meet me?! AHHHHHH all my dreams come true)
- If you could go on a travel photography trip to anywhere in the world for free, where would you go? Hands down, I would love to go to Germany to take pictures. I think it’s kind of an underrated country, with Paris and London and Rome being so near, but I’ve heard it’s beautiful. I had a German au pair that stayed with us for a few summers and she showed us a picture of her backyard, and the Alps were just perfectly behind her house, all majestic and beautiful. Crazy.
And now to lead you to other blogs to discover! For the Liebster Award, I’ve nominated:
- Christine of Vermillion Roots
- Allison of Girl Next Score
- Jessi of Jessi Haish
- Sabrina of The Lionfish
- Nikki of The Opinionated Muse
- Natalie of Ginger Me Glam
- Lee Anne of Life in ATX
- Dijana of The Funny Nanny
- Kimberly of Little Bitty in the City
- Megan of All That Glitters
I’m asking my fellow bloggers to answer these questions, and to nominate 10 other bloggers for us to discover!
- Why did you start your blog?
- Who is your ideal follower?
- What is your process of coming up with a blog post?
- Favorite way to get creative juices flowing when you hit that dreaded writer’s block?
- Who has inspired you the most?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- Where do you hope to be in 10 years?
- What do you consider to be your top 5 core values?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing that now?
- What is something you want to accomplish in the next year?
Thanks for reading friends, and I hope you take the time to take a peek at some of the awesome blogs I’ve nominated! Hope to see you here again soon.