Long day of playing catch-up with my October Blogging Challenge! I may be off by a few days, but I am still committed to completing all 31 prompts! Today’s (well, Friday’s) prompt is/was Thankful Friday. Here are a few things I’m thankful for today:
- A safe drive to and from Dallas. I put a little over 500 miles on my car this weekend, and I am so happy to have had a smooth drive both from and back home to Austin. Only thing that slowed us down was a little bit of traffic, and not being able to resist Beaver Nuggest from Buc-ee’s!
- My wonderful family (always). I was so happy to be back home and visiting my parents and younger brother. Coming back home after being in hectic Austin for so long is like a breath of fresh air for me. It’s relaxing to be in a place so familiar to me, and I definitely make it a priority to visit my beautiful Grapevine as often as I can
- My loving boyfriend (again, always). I missed my love for the whole weekend, but he was so sweet once I finally came home today, Sunday. A nice, long hug and some deep breaths definitely calmed me down after a traffic-filled, stressful drive back home to Austin from Dallas
- Whataburger Patty Melts- ’nuff said.
What are you thankful for today friends? Let me know below, and I hope to see you again very soon!
Slowly but surely I am catching back up friends! Even though I’m a few days behind posting-wise, I’m definitely still committed to completing each of the 31 assigned posts of the October Blogging Challenge. Today’s prompt is link love! I explore lots of different places here in the interwebz, and would love to share some with you!
How To Be a Grown-Up
24 Awesome Easy Lunches To Bring To Work I’m actually obsessed with turkey cesar sandwiches. Such a simple idea, yet seriously so delicious.
10 Resume Tips from an HR Rep Love it or hate it, interviews are just a part of that post-grad life.
What Recruiters Really Want to See on Your LinkedIn Profile Yet another necessary evil of the professional world. This one’s just for my college friends though- I don’t play that corporate game ;)
First place to stop is my Pinterest board, efficiently named Random Lols
29 People Who Clearly Don’t Know How Food Works Buzzfeed is my go-to place for lots of giggles, and this article definitely does not disappoint! Continue reading
Hey friends! So after ACL I’m always super excited to explore all the new artists I heard perform, and I usually try to buy their latest album there at ACL. On my playlist this week is:
1. Past Lives- BØRNS
Super cute song about life and love. Upbeat melody that just makes me happy!
2. Let It Happen- Tame Impala
Chill song that lasts forever (I think it’s somewhere around 8 minutes long?!) that’s great for listening to while studying or working.
3. Electric Love- BØRNS
I seriously can’t get enough of this song! It’s so happy and peppy, and you’ve probably heard it on a Hulu commercial :)
4. Peanut Butter Jelly- Galantis
If you can make it through this whole song while sitting still, I applaud you. I can’t help but get up and dance to this song, and it never fails to lift my mood!
5. Seeing Stars- BØRNS
Sensing a pattern here? I loved seeing this song live, it’s a pretty cute little love song, and I’m officially a huge fan of BØRNS now :)
Those are my newest additions to an ever-growing playlist of upbeat songs that can always make me smile. What’s your newest favorite song? Let me know below and hope to see you again here soon!
Hi friends! Another day of playing catch-up for me! Today’s topic is of my favorite childhood memories. I mentioned one of these favorite memories to my mom the other day, and looking back on it realized that it was a huge example of just how much my parents really, really loved me.
The first memory that comes to mind is when I was obsessed with painting my nails. And not just with having any solid-colored nails either. Nope, I had somehow acquired a book of nail art designs and proceeded to paint my nails with moon and star designs, rainbows and butterflies. I realized that some of these designs were too complex to do on my own, and would often try to enlist the help of my parents. One night in particular, I somehow got both my mom and my dad to stay up until about 10:30 painting this ‘boat scene’ on my nails. Both of them were using tiny little nail brushes and toothpicks to paint the details, and my nails came out gorgeously. Also related to this memory, when I was much younger my dad used to blow-dry my hair for me at night so I didn’t have to sleep with it wet. On one particular night I also needed to get my nails trimmed, so after taking a shower, I was in my pajamas and a fluffy robe, standing at the bathroom counter while my dad blow-dried my hair and my mom cut my nails. I felt like a princess. This isn’t my photo, but it was scarily similar to what was painted on my nails that night! Lots of time and detail spent on painting a 9 year-old’s nails. Guess my parents must love me or something ;)I have tons of other favorites, of course, but much too many to write in detail here. How about some highlights? Continue reading
I’d like to think that the best writers can draw inspiration from almost anything. Person, place, thing, state of being, whatever. But, there are some things that just really are inspiring. Whether it be a phrase, a speech, or someone’s action, there are often things we find in Life that are make us realize how much we, ourselves, are capable of as well. Friends, here are some things that inspire me, and might inspire you too.
1. Ronda Rousey- This woman is nothing but a boss ass bitch. This video explains it all! If you don’t know who she is, Ronda Rousey is the current undefeated UFC champion for Women’s Bantamweight. She’s won her last 4 fights in the first round, and every single one of her fights has been won by submission or KO/TKO. This woman is terrifying, and I love her.
2. Kelly Ripa- Decidedly less terrifying, Kelly Ripa is like sunshine in a person. She reminds me so much of my mom in how she appears every morning with flawless style and grace. Congratulations are in order for her, as she’s just received a star on the Walk of Fame! Continue reading