I’d like to think I know lots of things. I know how to ride a bike without falling over, find the domain of a quadratic equation algebraically, bake homemade chocolate chip cookies, and change 10 diapers in less than 30 minutes. But, there are some facts I hold dear to. Some constants in this world that bring peace to me, when everything else seems to be falling down. Continue reading
Hello friends! So as you may or may not realize, I actively try to live a healthy lifestyle. I know, I know, if you’ve met me you know I spend way too much time with candy in my hands to really be taken seriously as an advocate for living healthy, and getting fit. But, after weeks of putting it off (and putting weight on), Jacob and I finally got a membership at our local Planet Fitness. Which is fine and dandy and all, but after a long day at work the last thing either of us has the motivation to do is dedicate and hour or more (plus travel time) going to the gym.
Note: I am in no way being paid or reimbursed by Fitmo for this review.
I just actually really really like that I don’t have to leave my house to workout.
Because working out sucks. Kinda. Nobody likes it. Let’s be honest. Like you feel great after, yeah, but no one has the time of their life doing crunches. I sure as hell don’t. Every crunch I do makes me regret every donut I’ve ever eaten. And I love donuts. So hey crunches, stop making me hate something I love. I love food. But I want a good body. #thestruggle End rant. Continue reading
- I’m Not Addicted to Sugar- Ya’ll, this one’s bad. It’s so bad that people are now constantly buying me candy because they know it actually makes me so happy. I seriously can’t resist a bag of Haribo Happy Cola gummies (my favorite, but you can’t find them everywhere!), Trolli sour gummy worms, Sour Patch Kids Watermelons, Airheads Xtremes Rainbow Berry sour belts, and just plain ol’ gummy bears. Seeing a trend? These are literally all my favorite candies, and they all are also the ones that are just gummi-fied sugar with some coloring. Yay.
- I Can Handle This Ice Cream/Smoothie/Frappucino/etc.- Nope. Not even close. Can’t do it. My stomach hates milk with a burning passion (See what I did there? Oh I’m 20 years old and can’t make poop jokes? Okay, got it.). I don’t know what posseses me to just give it a go and hope things turn out, but I always almost immediately regret it. It hurts so bad because I love smoothies with a passion, but I hate making them at home because blenders are large and difficult to clean. Guess I’ll go eat my Raisin Bran with almond milk for dessert now. *cries* Continue reading
Growing up, you always hear little bits and pieces of advice that parents, teachers, coaches, and even older kids give you about life, love, growing up… on and on. And everyone has the little bits that stick out to them the most. For some, it was relationship advice, for others, it was how to work hard in school. But me? I had a little nugget of advice that I could apply to literally any situation in life. When I was younger, it of course didn’t mean nearly as much. The context of the first time I heard it had to do with math homework, while now it applies to nearly every hard decision in my life. In any situation where I might wonder, “Is it worth it? Can I do this?” the answer is always yes, and I am able to take risks to pursue my passions. Today I am stronger, more passionate, and more driven because of this one phrase: Continue reading
Hello friends! So I’m currently in Destin, Florida, woo! I’m spending about a week and a half here with my family (parents and younger brother) and really enjoying the time off from work. However- this trip meant a few more days of travel for me. I first traveled from Austin up to Dallas, about a 3 hour drive. The next morning we got up bright and early to drive from Dallas to New Orleans, where we stayed one night, then made the last leg of the drive the next day all the way to Destin. Believe me, after spending the majority of the last 3 days in a car, I was ready to get to the beach!
The one thing that always gets me when traveling is packing. I loathe it. I don’t know if anyone really likes it. I always have the problem where I come up with all these amazing outfits and am convinced I will wear every one. I’m one of those people who packs what they need, then last minute throws in tons of extra stuff that I don’t end up using.
So, when packing for this trip I tried to focus on bringing pieces that I knew I could use in multiple outfits! The exception here is dresses, because I absolutely adore wearing dresses in the summer because, well- no pants! Of course I brought way too many with me, but hey, I have to be prepared :) Below are the items that I packed for my trip, all packed with my favorite rolling method. I laid out some outfit examples as well, and even though there are more outfits than days I would be traveling, I like having options. Also, take the outfit examples as a guide, not a complete list. I’m sure there’s twice as many outfit combinations that could be made, these are just some of the ones I knew I would be most likely to wear.
- 5 tops- I chose 3 tops that are meant to be layered over other tank tops for variety. Any of these 3 tops could go on top of any of the 6 tank tops and be paired with shorts or even a skirt. The other two tops (blue patterned and brown speckled on far right) I chose because of how light and breezy they would be on the hot beach! Plus, in case of colder weather, both tops would pair nicely with either the basic blue or white cardigan and jeans.
- 6 tank tops- Perfect for layering under the 3 aforementioned tops, under cardigans, or on their own! Note: when packing undergarments for the trip, these are what I planned all my bras around. That way I didn’t have to scramble for a bra that wouldn’t show through the shirt, or had mismatching strap colors.
- 2 basic tops- Basics, obviously. Good for layering under cardigans, on top of tank tops if needed, and goes with anything!
- 3 cardigans- I chose a basic white to go with anything (including dresses- I’m always that one girl freezing in nice restaurants), a light blue that’s summery and also goes with tons, and a black and white cheetah print cardigan. The basic idea with this one is to go with a patterned neutral that could be layered on top of solid colors, like our solid colored tank tops! This is a super easy way to build quick outfits. A pattered cardigan, solid colored tank, and either black, white, or denim shorts= a winning combo! How perfect! It’s like we planned it :)
- 2 bandeaus- For layering under the brown speckled top (it’s a little showy on the sides and cleavage) or under the 3 other layering tops. Also super cute on their own with the high-waisted skirt
- 3 shorts- Go with 3 basics! Denim shorts go with everything, as does black. Black shorts add a little nice of a feel that cuffed denims, and the teal shorts are a fun pop of color that can be added to the basic black and white v-neck tees, plus look great with a black tank top with the cheetah print cardigan
- 1 pair of jeans- Really only in case it gets cold, or if planning a trip to the movies. I always get cold in movies- tell me I’m not the only one!
- 1 skirt- I chose a skirt that had multiple colors in the print so I could match it with different tops. This one could go with black, white, coral, mint, and teal.
- 6 dresses- Okay, so this is a lot of dresses. But when you’re on the beach and coming back and forth between the room, a lot of times you’ll wear one outfit in the morning, then come home and shower and get ready to go out wearing something completely different. Also, I really love dresses. Nothing’s easier than just throwing on one piece and heading out the door!
- 3 swimsuits- Multiple suits so you never have to put on a wet one! Also, who doesn’t love showing off a cute bikini at the beach? :)
- 6 pairs of shoes- Basically my plan was just to bring 4 pairs of flip flops, but I realized I would need close-toed shoes with jeans, and brought a pair of heels to go with a dress if we went somewhere nice. All the shoes I brought were neutrals- black, white, gold, silver, and tan.
Keep reading for my outfit examples!